What is the dumbest way to grow our economy?
It’s got to be what we are doing now:
- Take money out of people’s pockets with higher taxes.
- Borrow trillions from our children.
- Send the money all the way to Washington.
- Hand it over to far-away bureaucrats and distant politicians.
- Let them have a lot of meetings and press conferences about it.
- Let them pass that money around and wear it out by grinding through the engine of bureaucratic friction.
- Let them give tons of it to their friends, contributors, and special interests like Solyndra.
- Take what little money is left, staple thousands of pages of artificial and political instructions to it, telling us what we can do with it, and what we can’t.
- Then send the remainder back to our pockets, where it all started, to grow the American economy.
Some people are surprised it doesn’t work.
There is a better way: reverse the process.
Take money out of Washington’s pocket, send it back to your pocket, so you can grow the economy bottom-up, naturally and organically.